Donna (Smith) Farris and I have been best friends since we were young, from when she was 6 and I was 5 at the time. We share a lot in common:
1. We have almost same first name: Donna and Adonia.
2. We have same initial of K (our middle name).
3. We share the same last name until she got married. That’s Smith.
4. We share the same birth month: August.
5. We entered the same building – the Primary Building- at GSD.
6. We both had a father who served in army. The only difference is this: her father continued in the serve while she grew up, and my father had already retired from army, Air Force and navy by the time I was born.
I called her the Queen of the Southeast Deaf Schools. Because of her father in the military, she and her family had to move around a lot. She attended GSD, FSDB, NCSD and KySD. And everyone LOVES Donna! And I love her too! So the title of Queen of SE Deaf Schools suits her well.
Here’s the beautiful family, Donna, her husband Ricky and her hearing CODA son Zach. They have a copy of Deaf Cinderella of their own, too! ♥️
Click here to buy a copy of Deaf Cinderella: https://aslrose.com/product/deaf-cinderella-book/
10% of proceeds go to a new national Deaf schools museum